Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Old Blue Truck

Here in the rural South you’ll find a generous sprinkling of old abandoned vehicles, left to rust away by themselves into obscurity. And while most of them are eyesores and should have been hauled away long ago, this old gem caught my eye one afternoon while I was wandering around a few miles from the house. It sits tucked away among some trees, still quite handsome in a faded and dusty way, and looks almost as if it would start right up if I had the key to start it with. I captured this image of it, and of all a sudden it has become a favorite among my customers.
Everyone wants their picture taken with the Old Blue Truck, including my latest senior, a sweet, quiet girl with deep green eyes, who seemed right at home perched on Old Blue’s fender.




She and I enjoyed nearly a half hour on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the company of Old Blue, and I’d swear that old truck enjoyed it, too! Now I’m on a mission to find out who owns Old Blue, or at least the land it sits on, to make an offer to buy it. I think the old guy deserves a home in the spotlight, don’t you?











No comments: